Thank$ for $ponsor$ing!

Thanks to all those that made it tonight and looking forward to some new faces next week!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"Viking for Life"

I just walked past a Wahington Heights local wearing one of those "tribute" t-shirts. The shirt said something like, "Dedicated to (a kids name), A Viking for Life." This really got me thinking. Are the other kids on the team also Vikings for Life? I understand the need for identification and the camaraderie that is developed on the field, but I wonder if the player to whom the t-shirt was dedicated wants to be remembered as a Viking for Life.

How do I want to be known? What legacy will I leave? If they dedicated a t-shirt to me what would they put on the back? Jew for Life? Friend for Life? Blogger for Life?

The way I will decide to live my life is the way that I will be remembered. There is a Mishna in Pirkei Avos that says the best "Crown" is a good reputation.

I have often found myself rushing through MY day, super focused on MY schedule and bugging out for MY exams and MY papers. There are so many days that I forget that I am part of a bigger scheme. I forget that everything is determined by 'ה. If I can maintain cognizance that everything outside of my free will is out of my control then I can focus on using my free will to develop my spiritual legacy.

I want a t-shirt that says, "Doron Greenspan Fulfilled His Potential in Life"

May we all be זוכה to a כתר שם טוב and reaching our potential...

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering - in the above picture, which one is Doron? Back of letter "O" in grey sweatshirt or front of letter "J" with snazzy Fox sweatshirt on? Note that both options have mysteriously forgotten their black hats on the bus. Hmmm

    ReplyDelete