Thank$ for $ponsor$ing!

Thanks to all those that made it tonight and looking forward to some new faces next week!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A touching מעשה

My brother called me this morning before seder and told me a מעשה that really impressed me. He is currently learning in Yesod Ohr Sameach in Eretz Yisrael. He was having a really bad day and was wearing the emotions on his face. One of the perceptive Rebbeim approached him and asked how he could help. My brother responded that there wasn's much that could be done and he would rather not talk about it.

Here is impressive point number 1.

Instead of just wishing my brother well and moving on, the Rebbe asked my brother if he could daven for him.

Wow. That's really impressive. How many times a day do I pass someone by and say, "Hey! How are you?" and then just walk away? Do I really care? If I did would I just walk away?

When this Rebbe asked about my brother it wasn't just protocol. It was a real meaningful inquiry into my brother's welfare.

Impressive point number 2.

After davening my brother tried to find the Rebbe to thank him for davening on his behalf. As my brother appraoched the shuckling Rebbe he noticed that he was still davening. Upon further inspection he noticed tears streaming down the Rebbe's face. Wow.

Caring for someone else enough to daven for them is one thing but caring enough to cry on his behalf is a whole different story...

No comments:

Post a Comment